Protect Your Smile With Custom Night Guards at Reiser Dental
Welcome to Reiser Dental, your trusted dental care provider in Denver, CO. We understand that dental health is not only about having a beautiful smile but also about taking care of your teeth and gums to ensure optimal function and comfort. That’s why we offer a range of services, including custom night guards, to help you achieve a healthy, happy smile.
Night Mouth Guards
Night guards, also known as mouth guards or nightguard dental guards, are appliances designed to protect your teeth and gums from damage caused by grinding or clenching while you sleep. There are also night guards for sleep apnea. These guards are made of hard materials and are custom-fitted to ensure maximum comfort.
What Dental Night Guards Can Correct
Dental night guards can correct a variety of dental issues, including:
- Teeth grinding or clenching (bruxism)
- Jaw pain and headaches caused by bruxism
- Snoring and sleep apnea
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
Night Guard Procedure
Getting a night guard at Reiser Dental is a simple process that involves the following steps:
- Consultation – Our dental team will assess your dental health and determine if a night guard is necessary.
- Custom Fitting – We will take a digital scan of your teeth and use it to create a custom-fitted night guard.
- Fitting – We will adjust the guard to ensure a comfortable fit and provide instructions on how to wear it.
How to Adjust to Wearing a Night Guard
Wearing a night guard can take some getting used to, especially if you’ve never worn one before. While some people may find the sensation of wearing a night guard uncomfortable at first, it’s important to remember that the benefits of using a night guard far outweigh any initial discomfort. By following these tips, you can adjust to wearing a night guard and enjoy the benefits of protecting your teeth and gums from damage caused by grinding or clenching while you sleep:
- Start Slowly – Wear the night guard for short periods, gradually increasing the time you wear it each night. This will allow your mouth and jaw to adjust to having the night guard in your mouth.
- Practice Speaking – Speaking with a night guard in your mouth can be challenging at first. Practice speaking while wearing the night guard to get used to this feeling. This will help you understand how your mouth and jaw move while wearing the guard.
- Keep It Clean – Keeping your night guard clean is essential to ensure it remains comfortable. Rinse the guard with water after each use. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and liquid dish soap to clean the guard. This will help remove any bacteria and plaque that accumulates on the guard over time.
- Address Any Discomfort – Please contact us if you experience discomfort or irritation while wearing your night guard. We can typically adjust the guard to make it more comfortable or recommend a different type of night guard that may be better suited to your needs.
Maintaining a Night Guard
To ensure your night guard lasts as long as possible, follow these maintenance tips:
- Rinse the guard with water after each use.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and liquid dish soap to clean the guard.
- Store the guard in a cool, dry place when not in use.
Benefits of Wearing a Night Guard
There are many benefits to wearing a night guard, including the following:
- Protecting teeth and gums from damage caused by grinding or clenching.
- Relieving jaw pain and headaches caused by bruxism.
- Reducing snoring and improving sleep quality.
- Preventing damage to restorations, such as crowns and bridges.
Alternatives to Dental Night Guards
While dental night guards are an effective solution for many dental issues, some alternatives may be appropriate for your needs. These include:
- Lifestyle changes, such as stress management and improving sleep habits.
- Orthodontic treatment, such as braces, for teeth misalignment or malocclusion.
- Surgery or other medical treatments for sleep apnea.
Schedule Your Appointment for Night Guards With Reiser Dental
At Reiser Dental, we are dedicated to providing you with the highest level of dental care. If you’re experiencing any dental issues or want to learn more about night guards, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of dental professionals are here to help you achieve your best dental health.