See Reiser Dental for Teeth Fillings Today
Having a cavity in a tooth can be painful and something that needs to be taken care of right away. So it becomes essential to visit a dentist for prompt, reliable treatment. Reiser Dental is trusted for dental fillings, among many other general dentistry services. After a visit to our office, you’ll have a bright, beautiful smile, that is cavity-free. Our team strives to be gentle with our patients and compassionate when it comes to dealing with their fears and reservations about their dental appointments and procedures. When you need cavity fillings or other treatments, Reiser Dental is the best practice to visit.
How Do I Know If I Have a Cavity?
Few people enjoy a trip to the dentist, and many patients will avoid a visit at all costs. But that doesn’t mean you should put off an appointment with Reiser Dental when you suspect you have a cavity. It’s crucial to recognize the signs of a developing a cavity and to make an appointment at your earliest convenience. Unfortunately, cavities can worsen over time and then 0call for more extensive treatments. Be on the lookout for the following symptoms and get in touch with Reiser Dental to inquire about a filling:
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- Pain when biting or eating
- Holes in the teeth
- Painful toothaches
- Stains on the teeth (may appear to be brown or black)
Addressing Cavities as Soon as Possible
Why is addressing tooth cavities early so critical? If left unchecked, unfilled cavities can become a breeding ground for bacteria. Fillings are designed to fill holes in the teeth, which can trap harmful bacteria if left open. Proper treatment from the team at Reiser Dental clears the cavity of any bacteria and prevents further damage to the tooth. Plus, dental fillings strengthen the foundation around the tooth, meaning chips and cracks are less likely going forward. A speedy, professional tooth filling is an excellent step toward avoiding a more severe infection and future root canals.
Avoiding Cavities and Dental Fillings
Fortunately, there’s plenty you can do in your daily hygiene routine to reduce your risk of cavities and subsequent tooth fillings. At Reiser Dental, we want to make sure our patients are aware of how they can improve their oral health. Adhere to the following guidelines, and you’ll decrease the chances of developing a future cavity:
- Don’t skip brushing: Proper and frequent brushing and flossing go a long way to maintaining your oral health. We typically recommend brushing twice a day, along with remembering to floss and use a fluoride rinse.
- Eat right: While it might seem unrelated to your oral health, sticking to healthy foods and drinks can help keep your teeth in top shape. Sticky or acidic foods can increase your chances of needing a tooth filling. Replace sugary snacks with fruits and vegetables to help keep your teeth cavity-free.
- Visit us regularly: Most dentists recommend making an appointment twice a year, but high-risk individuals might need to see us more often. During your regular checkups, the team at Reiser Dental can provide extra protection against cavities, including additional fluoride treatments and dental sealants.
Am I at Increased Risk for Cavities?
As with most health conditions, some people are more prone to developing cavities than others. If you’re in a high-risk group, you may have to work a little harder to avoid tooth decay. Those with poor dental hygiene tend to develop more cavities, as so people who regularly consume sugary foods and eat snacks all day. Age is also a risk factor for cavities, so you may need to increase the frequency of dental visits as you age. Some health conditions such as acid reflux or heartburn may also increase the chances of decay. Our team at Reiser Dental will keep you up to speed on the status of your oral health and where in your can improve in your daily routine.
Schedule Your Dental Filling Appointment
No matter the type of dental filling you need, Reiser Dental is here to help. We understand patients’ reservations about visiting the dentist, but we strive to streamline your treatment as much as possible. Addressing needing a filling early is critical to the continued health of your teeth and is well-worth the cost. If you have concerns about the procedure or making payments, don’t hesitate to ask. Our friendly team is always happy to help!