Repair Your Teeth With Tooth Colored Composite Fillings
Once your dentist has removed decayed, diseased, or infected matter from your tooth, they will need to repair the tooth using a dental filling. In the past, dental fillings were obvious because they were constructed from dark-colored materials that did not look natural. Now you have the option to select tooth colored composite fillings, so your fillings won’t be as noticeable. At Reiser Dental, we offer tooth colored fillings in Denver, CO. Our tooth colored fillings will restore the shape, appearance, and strength of your tooth so that you don’t need a tooth extraction.
What Is a Tooth Colored Filling?
A tooth colored composite filling is constructed from composite resins that are custom-made to match the color of your surrounding natural teeth. These fillings increase the structural stability and strength of your teeth so you can eat and speak normally. You may need a filling if you have a dental cavity or infection that requires your dentist to remove a portion of your tooth. Your dentist will then fill in the cavity with a tooth-colored filling. The material is applied in layers and shaped to your tooth. It is then hardened using a special light and polished to look natural.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Tooth Colored Fillings?
You are a good candidate for tooth colored fillings if you have a cavity that needs to be treated, have discoloration or dark spots on your teeth, have yellowed teeth, have uneven teeth that are chipped or cracked, want to fill in gaps between your teeth, or want to replace old silver, gold, or amalgam fillings.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Composite Fillings
- More aesthetically pleasing.
- Resistant to temperature changes.
- Supports talking, chewing, and eating.
- Improves your confidence and self-esteem.
- Prevent further damage or weakening of the tooth.
- Improve the shape, color, and texture of your teeth.
- More natural looking and harder to detect in your mouth.
- Repair teeth after damage, infection, a dental cavity, or a root canal procedure.
Will Anyone Be Able to Notice My Fillings?
No, most people will not be able to notice your fillings if you choose tooth colored fillings. If you opt for gold or silver amalgam fillings, people may be able to see them when you speak, eat, smile, or laugh. Your dentist will recommend tooth colored composite fillings for fillings on very visible areas of the tooth that would be easily seen.
How Do I Know Which Kind of Fillings Are Right for Me?
Our dentist will review each type of dental filling available and help you determine which is right for you. Your choice may depend on the size of the area to be restored, your budget, age, lifestyle, and dental insurance. Each type of dental filling has advantages and disadvantages, and your choice may come down to cost and aesthetics.
Are There Different Types of Tooth Colored Fillings?
All tooth colored fillings are created from a composite of ceramic and plastic compounds. They are custom-colored to match the natural color of your teeth. The other types of dental fillings are:
- Gold – Cast gold fillings are durable and won’t corrode. They are also very strong. However, they don’t look natural and are much more expensive than other filling options. They also require at least two office visits to put in place.
- Silver Amalgam – Silver amalgam fillings are durable, strong, and may cost less than tooth colored composite fillings. They don’t look natural, however, and they require more space to place. They can also cause discoloration of the surrounding natural teeth and are susceptible to cracks and fractures.
- Tooth Colored Composite Resin – These can be carefully matched to the color of natural teeth. They are best used on visible parts of the teeth. They bond well to the tooth, are versatile, and don’t require much space. However, they are less durable than other types of fillings and require additional visits and treatment time. They can also be susceptible to chipping.
- Ceramic – Ceramic fillings are made of porcelain and are resistant to staining. They can last up to 15 years, and usually, this tooth colored filling costs as much as gold fillings.
- Glass Ionomer – This type of filling is made of a blend of acrylic and glass. It is used for fillings in young children and fillings below the gum line. They are weaker than resin and are susceptible to wear and tear.
Do They Look Natural?
Yes. Tooth colored fillings look more natural than any other type of dental filling. They are specifically colored to match your surrounding natural teeth so that no one will even know that you had a filling.
Prevention of Dental Cavities
The best way to avoid the need for dental fillings is to protect your teeth from dental cavities, decay, and infection. You can do this by maintaining a consistent, thorough oral hygiene routine and visiting your dentist yearly for an annual exam, professional dental cleaning, and dental x-rays. You should brush thoroughly twice per day or after every meal and floss daily. You should eat a balanced diet, drink enough water, and avoid alcohol, caffeine, sugary drinks, and nicotine.
Request an Estimate for Tooth Colored Fillings
Call us today or contact us online to request an estimate for tooth colored fillings cost in Denver, CO. At Reiser Dental, we are always honest and upfront about the cost of our dental procedures. We want each patient to know exactly what to expect before they agree to a procedure. Schedule a consultation today to determine if you’re a good candidate for tooth colored composite fillings.