The Best Periodontal Gum Disease Treatment in Denver, CO
At Reiser Dental, we understand the importance of healthy gums in maintaining oral well-being. Our comprehensive gum treatment services in Denver, CO, are designed to ensure your gums remain in the best possible condition. From preventive care to advanced treatments, our skilled team is dedicated to addressing gum health with precision and compassion. Discover how we can help you achieve and maintain a beautiful, healthy smile. Take the first step toward healthier gums by scheduling your consultation today. Your journey to optimal oral health begins here.
What Is Gum Disease?
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a common dental condition characterized by inflammation and infection of the gums and surrounding tissues. It typically begins with gingivitis, marked by symptoms like redness, swelling, and bleeding gums during brushing or flossing. If left untreated, gingivitis can progress to more severe forms of gum disease, leading to gum recession, pockets forming between teeth and gums, and even tooth loss. Poor oral hygiene habits often cause gum disease, but genetic factors and systemic health issues can also play a role. Regular dental check-ups, effective oral hygiene, and timely severe gum disease treatment are essential in preventing and managing gum disease.
What to Do About Gum Disease
What is the treatment for gum disease? When faced with gum disease, taking prompt action is crucial for effective management. Here are steps to consider:
- Consult a Dentist – Schedule an appointment with a dentist or periodontist for a thorough evaluation. They will assess the extent of your gum disease and recommend an appropriate plan for treatment for gum disease.
- Professional Cleanings – Regular dental cleanings, typically every six months, are essential to remove plaque and tartar buildup. For gum disease patients, more frequent cleanings may be recommended.
- Improved Oral Hygiene – Establish a diligent oral hygiene routine. Brush your teeth at least twice daily with fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, and use an antiseptic mouthwash. Your dentist can provide guidance on proper techniques.
- Quit Smoking – Smoking can exacerbate gum disease. If you smoke, consider quitting to improve your gum health.
- Dietary Choices – A balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin C, can promote gum health. Avoid sugary and acidic foods that can contribute to decay.
- Medications – In some cases, your dentist may prescribe antibiotics or antimicrobial mouth rinses to control infection and inflammation
Periodontitis is an advanced stage of gum disease characterized by the inflammation and infection of the structures supporting the teeth, including the gums, bone, and connective tissues. It typically develops from untreated gingivitis, progressing to more severe symptoms such as gum recession, pockets forming between teeth and gums, and tooth loss. Periodontitis can lead to systemic health issues if left untreated and requires prompt professional intervention. Treatment options include scaling and root planing, antibiotics, and sometimes surgical procedures to restore gum and bone health. Regular dental check-ups and good oral hygiene practices are crucial in preventing and managing periodontitis.
Scaling & Root Planing
Scaling and root planing is a non-surgical dental procedure for treating gum disease. It involves the thorough removal of plaque and tartar from the tooth surfaces, both above and below the gumline (scaling), and the smoothing of rough spots on the tooth roots (root planing). This procedure helps eliminate bacteria and infection, reduce inflammation, and promote gum tissue healing. A dentist or dental hygienist often performs scaling and root planing, which is a fundamental step in managing gum disease, preventing its progression, and maintaining optimal oral health.
Contact us for Gum Disease Treatment
Want to know more about gum disease symptoms and treatment? Take the first step towards healthier gums by scheduling your gum disease treatment consultation at Reiser Dental in Denver, CO. Our skilled team is dedicated to providing expert and compassionate care to address gum health concerns. Book your appointment and experience the exceptional care and expertise that Reiser Dental is known for. Together, we can restore the health and vitality of your gums, ensuring a brighter and more confident smile.